So often in life I get caught up in the “here and now” and in the process, I get wrapped up in the situation before me and fail to acknowledge what my Father is doing behind me.
Sometimes, it’s helpful to stop and really ponder who God is, what He has done and what He is capable of doing in our lives. We need a change in perspective!
5 years ago, I made a Facebook status (or should I say mini blog post) on a night that I couldn’t sleep. During that season of life, my sleep cycle was completely backwards. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t sleep at night. That unfortunate phase of my life was actually a blessing in disguise. It was because of that medical “issue”, that I had plenty of time to talk with my Father. I learned so much about Him throughout that period of time!
During those personal moments, He brought to my attention the old song “Our God is an Awesome God”. That night (or perhaps morning!) I realized that despite my situation, He is, in fact, AWESOME!
Below, I am going to share my Facebook status from that night (slightly edited). It’s an acrostic for the word AWESOME, and it describes who He is!
A– He is Always Faithful.
Faithful to love, forgive, protect, save and so much more!
- Psalm 100:4-5 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
W– His Ways are more than we can understand.
I may never fully be able to comprehend what He is doing amidst the storms I trek through in my life, but I can rest assured that His ways are perfect and better than anything I could’ve asked for!
- Romans 11:33 Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!
E– He Encourages us when we’re discouraged.
I have been here more times than I count-brokenhearted with nowhere to turn; but when I make that choice to choose Him, my worries fade and His goodness rushes over me with a peace that is unexplainable!
- Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
S– He Strengthens us when we are weak.
I am weak often. Physically, mentally, spiritually- you name it and I am right there with you! I can honestly say, however, that I would have NEVER been able to make it through the 24 years of life I have already lived had it not been for His strength! Can I get an Amen?!
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
O– He has an Open–door policy.
This one I am so thankful for. There is never a time that He is not available. He never says that He is too busy or that I’ve done something to tick him off! He is ALWAYS willing for me to lay my burdens at His feet- in fact, that’s what He desires!
- Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
M– He Meets our needs which include physical, emotional, mental and material needs.
There is no need too great that He is not able to handle. He does work within what is best for us, and for that we should be grateful. If we only got what we asked Him for, we would miss out; and if we got everything we asked Him for, we would get hurt!
- Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
E– He promises Eternal Security.
In my opinion, this is the one we deserve the least. We fail, fall and fumble all day long yet He says that nothing- yes, NOTHING, can take us from His love. As Christians, our eternal destiny is sealed with His blood. I don’t know about you, but I am so thankful for that!!!
- John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me.
So, friend. Don’t forget that He is AWESOME!
3 thoughts on “7 Reasons God is AWESOME”
this is beautiful ! Thank you for putting this piece to God. i am always overwhelmed by the thoughts of how incredible God is from a scientific and spiritual perspective
Thank you so much for this. We found this on a night where there were possible tornadoes and our 4 a nd 8 yr old were scared. Ill admit i was a little nervous as well. I felt like God wanted me to trust Him, so we were headed to bed and a series of things googled lead to me randomly googling..why is God awesome. I think that is what i googled. Thats when this came up. It gave us all peace and brought a smile to my face.God is awesome and knows when and how we need Him. Praise GodAmen. May God bless you.
Wow! That’s amazing to hear! 🤗 Praising the Lord you are safe and encouraged! 🙌